I like crispy crunchy food including this beef cutlet. The recipe is really easy you can make it as long as you have beef and bread crumps at home. You may use the back of your knife to tenderize the beef, easy isn't it?!
For 2 servings
* 2 thin slices (500gr) beef (any part, but tenderloin would taste best) - actually you can use pork too.
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup all purpose flour
* 2 cup bread crumbs
* 2 eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
* Steamed rice
* 2 cups corn oil (or any other cooking oil)
* tomato for vegetable garnish
* small head cabbage, shredded, rinsed and strained then refrigerated
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* generous drops of lemon juice squeezed
* 1 tbs sugar (or honey)
* 1 tbs ketchup
1. By using the back of your knife, pound to flatten the sliced beef into cutlets about 5 inches and ⅛ inch thickness.
2. Directly add a pinch of salt and ground black pepper then coat both sides of the cutlets with flour evenly.
3. Beat 1 egg and dip them in the beaten egg.
4. Final step is press them into bread crumbs and keep in refrigerator.
1. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and ketchup then mix well and refrigerate it.
Let's fry the beef!!!
1. Heat up the cooking oil and place coated beef so they are evenly fried both sides. Yes we seek for golden brown look. Turn them for two times for about 6-8min.
2. Strain the cooked cutlet and cut into long strips to make it easier to eat.
3. Some people make gravy like some other original recipes but I skip it because mayo mixture is enough for dipping sauce.